Wednesday, 25 June 2014

WIP | Drunkard's Path

I think it must be a full moon - the past couple days have been nutty, and unproductive and more than a little frustrating.  Thankfully I can come home to some sewing which always helps to boost the mood.  That and shoe shopping, of course.

To date I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with my limited FMQ experience, so thankfully it's been relatively smooth sailing and hasn't been adding to the frustration this week.

I've been working on a Drunkards Path quilt, based on this quilt from the cover of the March/April 2013 issue of Quilty, for what feels like an eternity!  Curved peicing equals slow piecing.  Plus the high-contrast piecing and curvy pattern has presented a challenge in figuring out the best way to quilt the dang thing!  I finally decided to just dive in, so I'm winging it with some curvy lines and pebbley circles and maybe some petal-y motifs in the pie-shapes spaces - TBD.  Here's a sneak-peak of the progress so far, I hope to have the finished quilt ready to share in a week or so.


I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced - I can't wait to see what everyone else has been working on this week!



Happy Wednesday!
--Liz

2 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks awesome on this ~ I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete