Wednesday, 17 September 2014

WIP | Vintage Inspiration

My parents are preparing to down-size, which means that my mom is finally willing to part with some of her craft hoard.  Truthfully, there's not a lot in her stash that I care for, but I couldn't resist these darling vintage prints. Aren't they sweet?!



Inspired by these colours and the old-time-y vibe, I pulled a stack of coordinating fabrics from my stash and set to work cutting them into 4 1/2" squares and a few HST units.  Lots of them - I got seriously carried away and cut some 70+ more than required.  Oh well, more for the scrap bins.



Just like my Pedal Pusher quilt, I'm going for a random, scrappy style.  However this time around, rather than sewing the squares into strips, I joined them into 9-patch units.  I'm finding this is coming together a lot more quickly, but I'm still able to achieve the randomness that I'm going for.  Here's a sneak peek:



This quilt top won't take long to finish, which doesn't give me much time to come up with a quilting plan.  Maybe a diagonal grid, or orange peel, or stippling?  Or perhaps some fail-proof straight lines?  Any suggestions would be most welcome! 

Linking up to Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

--Liz

1 comment:

  1. The vintage fabrics your mom gave you are adorable! I can certainly see how you got carried away cutting them into squares. Your 9 patch is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete