Monday, 27 October 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival | Fancy

My first submission to The Blogger's Quilt Festival was so much fun, I decided to do it again!  Big thanks go out to Amy Ellis at Amy's Creative Side for hosting such a fun virtual quilt show!   



I'm submitting my Fancy quilt in the Small Quilt category - at 48"x72" it just squeeks in.  This quilt is based on the Tres Chic pattern from Quilty Magazine, and was certainly challenging!  This was a project of firsts: my first attempt at curved seams (it will be a long time before I take on curved piecing again) and my first quilt that was entirely free-motion quilted.  The contrast between the Kona Black and Sand fabric creates a bold, graphic effect.   




Champagne and Caviar anyone?  
You can learn more about this quilt in this WIP post, or this Finish post.

Remember to check out the Blogger's Quilt Festival and vote for your faves!

Happy Monday!
--Liz

2 comments:

  1. Excellent pattern. I like your choice in fabric. Neat quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the use of the Drunkard's Path blocks. Your quilt is so striking - there's so much movement to it.

    ReplyDelete