Monday, 27 October 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival | Old Salt

It's that time again, folks...The Blogger's Quilt Festival, hosted by Amy Ellis at Amy's Creative Side!  In the past I've enjoyed this event as a spectator, and I'm pumped to actually participate this time around!  


I'm submitting my Old Salt quilt in the Original Design category.  I had a lot of fun working out a rough plan for this quilt, and experimenting with different blocks - blending traditional motifs with more contemporary ones.  The colour palette is calm and nautical in greys, blues and tans, with pops of red and mustard.  The end result reminds me of the east coast, light houses, and fishing villages.  



If you'd like to learn more about this project, you can check out this post, and by all means head on over to the Blogger's Quilt Festival and vote for your faves!

Happy Monday!
--Liz

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz! I love your quilt! Beautiful colours and I like the pattern with different blocks. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Liz! Very modern, colors, pattern all...I like this one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. popping over from the blogger's quilt festival - absolutely love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great quilt! Love your fabric choices and placement!

    ReplyDelete