Friday, 24 October 2014

Finished | Bookworm

It just occurred to me that I never shared this finished quilt with you cool cats!  


As I mentioned in my WIP post, this quilt was inspired by a couple adorable vintage prints that I managed to score from my mom's craft hoard, paired with coordinating fabrics from my stash.  I randomly arranged several squares with the occasional HST to break things up. 


I hemmed and hawed for a long while trying to decide how to quilt this, and at the end of the day I went with my go-to straight line quilting.  

This quilt is backed and bound in Kona Celadon - I love how a solid back allows the quilting to shine!  

Since the feature fabrics include illustrations of old-timey schoolgirls working on their studies, I decided to name the quilt "Bookworm"  I hope someday it will be used to snuggle up with and enjoy a good story.  At 36"x48" it's a nice size for a baby quilt, and it's for sale in my Etsy shop.



My favourite things about this quilt, as if you had to ask, are the super-sweet vintage textiles.    

I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday, and TGIFF!
Happy Friday!
--Liz

4 comments:

  1. Very nice finish! Thank you for linking up at TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt to play on for a baby with all that fresh colors! Congrats with your finish.
    Love from Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Liz! I love your color scheme, shows off your vintage fabrics really well! I don't often see those colors together, but they look perfect in this quilt. I like the random hsts, too--great idea, and a cool way to break up the basic patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool quilt! I love those vintage fabrics.

    ReplyDelete