Wednesday, 8 October 2014

WIP | Hexie and I Know It

Identity crisis time - this is a WIP post that's kinda, sorta a Finished post too.
I finished my EPP hexie quilt top!  That's 697 hand-pieced, happy little hexies.




I sandwiched and basted over the week-end (my bum muscles are still aching from all the squatting and crawling during the basting phase), and have begun hand-quilting.  I love, love, love hand quilting and haven't done it in ages, so I'm enjoying this part of the process immensely.  I wanted to high-light the hexies with my quilting, so I'm echoing each hexagon with my stitching set in about a half inch.    



Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

--Liz

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm planning to hand quilt my hexie quilt too...if I can ever get around to basting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love your quilt top, it came together so well! I plan on hand quilting my hexie top too, if I ever finish it. I'm worried that I'll be so tired of hand-stitching by the time the top is done, that I'll never quilt it! I like the quilting detail on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great quilting idea, I might have to steal it (that is after and if I ever finfish my hexie WIP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a lot of work! Looks beautiful! I see what you mean that this stage is finished, but now there's the quilting to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete