Friday, 13 February 2015

Finished | Marshpillow

Fans of How I Met Your Mother will likely pick up on the reference in today's blog post title.  I must assure you, that today's finish has absolutely nothing to do with a body pillow dressed in men's clothing.  (although, considering it's Valentine's Eve and I find myself sans partner the concept doesn't sound entirely crazy!)

I made this improv cushion with some scraps leftover from the sampler quilt I made my nephew, Marshall.  Since this is a pillow made from Marshall's fabrics, I've been affectionately referring to it as the Marshpillow. 



I quilted the cushion using my walking foot, using the scallop stitch with the size pumped up to create a cute wave motif - which ties in nicely with the nautical vibe.  Props to Lee at Freshly Pieced who inspired this quilting motif with her recent Preppy the Whale Baby Quilt.



Linky party time:  I'm linking up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts, TGIFF hosted this week at at Quilt Matters, and Scraptastic Tuesday over at She Can Quilt.  Oh yeah, and this is also the first finish of my Quarter 1 FAL goals

Happy Valentine's Eve!
--Liz 

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love your Marshpillow! Great fabrics and design! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marshpillow with wavy quilting is inspired! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good and I really like your quilting. I must check my machine if I have that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been especially noticing pillows since my new chair needs some. Yours turned out really well! What a great way to use your scraps. Love the scallop quilting. Thanks for the explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete