I've learned a very important QAYG lesson during the making of this quilt that I wanted to pass along in hopes of preventing anyone else out there from making the same mistake that I made...
A light backing fabric is NOT a good idea. You see, the seams where I joined the sammies together are all pressed open, which is no biggie on all those light fabrics, but the darker/brighter seams are visible through the pale, Kona Aqua backing fabric that I chose. I wasn't able to take a decent picture of this issue - but trust me, guys - it's not the prettiest. Lesson learned.
I've shared about my progress throughout the making of this quilt, so I'll spare you the repetitive detail shots and descriptions. If you want to learn more you can check out these posts:
My favourite thing about this quilt was learning about FMQ and gaining confidence with those skills. It was a lot of fun trying out several motifs, deciding which ones I like and which ones I'm not such a fan of. This quilt finished at 72" x 54"-ish.
Goal #2 from my Quarter 1 FAL list is complete!
I'm linking up to TGIFF which is hosted this week by Aylin. Let's see what everyone else has been finishing up!
Happy FIRST DAY OF SPRING! (cue happy dance)