Sunday, 15 March 2015

Finished | Improv Baby Quilt

I hope you're enjoying a lovely, lazy Sunday!

I thought I'd quickly pop in to share a recent finish - A scrappy, improv baby quilt.  


I started out with several scraps in greens and aquas, randomly sewed them together and used my 6" x 24" ruler to clean up the edges and create the scrappy bricks.  I cut two of them in half in order to create the off-set pattern. The "mortar" is made up of 2 1/2" wide white sashing strips.


I practiced my FMQ skills with an allover stipple - it was fast and fun.  I love how those squiggles look like sea monsters or moose antlers or kelp.  A polka dot backing was the perfect finishing touch, and since this little guy is 36" x 48", I didn't even have to piece the backing - BONUS!  


My favourite thing about this quilt?  The tropical colour palette.  It was a nice reprieve from the ultra-wintery weather of February.  I'm happy to say that it's starting to feel like spring might actually be on it's way.

This takes care of goal #5 on my Quarter 1 FAL list.  

Linking up (super late) with Scraptastic Tuesday hosted by She Can Quilt and Mrs. Sew and Sew.  Do stop by and check out the scrappy goodness!

Happy Sunday!
--Liz 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and for linking up with #scraptastictuesday ! Love the result of your improv scrappiness! Lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete