Saturday, 11 April 2015

2015 Finish Along - Q2 Goals

I consider Quarter one of the Finish Along to be a big success - I managed to complete 5 of the 7 WIPs on my list. Of course I started another WIP or two as well!  


My goals for Quarter 2 are:

1. Talisman Quilt - This is carried forward from my Q1 list.  All that's left to do on this one is stitch down the binding so this will be wrapped up shortly. (Above, top left)

2. Talisman Cushion - I have a tester block leftover from making the quilt that plan to make into a coordinating toss cushion. (Above, bottom left)

3. Trail Tote - hiking season is just about here and I need a small casual bag so I can keep my valuables with me while I'm out. (last summer my car was broken into and two purses filled with phones, wallets, keys etc were stolen from the trunk - can't have that happening again!)  Noodlehead's Trail Tote will be perfect.  I've pulled together some fabrics and bought all the notions, now it's time to get cutting and sewing.  I'm pretty pumped about this one.  (Above, top right)

4. EPP Medallion Quilt - This started out as an experiment with the Rose Star design and the intention to make a relatively quick toss cushion.  But I couldn't stop there so it just keeps growing.  (Above, bottom right)

5. Postage Stamp Quilt - This is another project carried forward from last quarter.  This one needs some attention this quarter. (Below, top left)

6. Pantone Challenge Quilt - I pulled this stack of fabric ages ago, and sketched up a concept that features a spin on the traditional Young Man's Fancy block.  But that's as far as I got.  I'll definitely be missing the link-up this year, but plan to complete this puppy regardless. (Below, bottom left)

7. EPP Molecule Cushion - I came across these EPP hexie "molecules" that I made ages ago when I first discovered EPP.  I'll make these into a toss cushion for my 4 year old nephew's room - he's obsessed with all things orange so he'll love this. (Below, right)



I'm loving the motivation of logging my WIPs and tracking my progress - looking forward to another productive quarter.  

Thanks as always to Adrianne at On the Windy Side for coordinating the shindig!

Happy Weekend!
--Liz

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Liz ~ 5 out of 7 for last quarter? That's definitely awesome! I love your Talisman Quilt and I can't wait to see what you do with the EPP Medallion quilt! Good luck this quarter!

    ReplyDelete