Monday, 18 May 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival | Hexie and I Know It

Have you been scoping out all the amazing creativity on display at the Blogger's Quilt Festival?  I have, and as usual it's super inspiring! 

I'm submitting my Hexie and I Know it quilt into the ROYGBIV category. I know, I know, the diamonds aren't in colour order.  But I think the rainbow is nicely represented nonetheless.


This is my first ever EPP project, made up of 697 hand-pieced hexies, that were then hand quilted to echo each of the hexagons.  Needless to say, it was a long term project, but an absolute labour of love!


I've shared about this project as it progressed, so if you're interested in how it came together, you can check out these posts:


Thanks for stopping by, and many thanks to Amy at Amy's Creative Side for organizing and hosting the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Click on over to check out all the quilty awesomeness!

Happy Victoria Day!
--Liz



2 comments:

  1. WOW! Congratulations on a fabulous hand sewn quilt!! And really, if I figured it out from your other blog posts, you finished this quilt in about year? That is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great. I am impressed by the time that must have gone into this. Job well done! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete