Friday, 15 May 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival | Talisman

It's that time again...The Blogger's Quilt Festival is here!  Hosted by Amy at Amy's Creative Side, this is a great way to find tonnes of inspiration all in one place.  I'm entering my Talisman quilt in the Home Machine Quilted category.


After obsessively viewing a zillion longarm quilting pics on Instagram and following several very talented longarmers, I decided that I just HAD to try to recreate the look for this quilt, but I needed to get creative with achieving this on a domestic machine.  



I really put my machine (A Pfaff Expression 3.2, who I call Pfrida) to the test on this project!  Thankfully Pfrida has a fairly large harp space so the quilt-wrestling was minimal.



I used a combo of straight-line quilting for the dot-to-dot areas, and FMQ wishbones, loop-de-loops and my favourite (also most fun): Kathleen's Magic Shape outlined with feathers.     

**Public Service Announcement: if you're on Instagram, check out @kathleenquilts, she's a quilting genius)



I'm really happy with how the quilting turned out, I hope you like it too!
Have fun checking out the other amazing quilts in the Blogger's Quilt Festival, I know I will!

Happy Friday!
--Liz 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely quilting! I'm going to have to try the magic shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on achieving your goal! Your quilting is fabulous!! And I totally agree, Kathleen is a quilting genius!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a beautiful quilt! I love your design, wonderful fabrics and GREAT quilting!!! :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting on this quilt really is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and stylish quilting, and I love how you've used Kathleen's Magic Shape. I'm a fan of hers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to check out Magic Shape, very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilting really shows off the quilt nicely. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the quilting and free-motion quilting are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work! Love the dot to dot technique you used. So perfect for this quilt!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG. LOVE. THIS. QUILT. gasp. breathe. It's seriously wonderful. I follow Kathleen too! Have shopped in her mom's store when I lived there!

    ReplyDelete