Friday, 29 May 2015

Finished | Tiny Log Cabin

Hi there! I thought I'd quickly pop in to share a wee finish. 


This tiny, improv log cabin quilt was made  entirely from scraps, primarily fussy cutting leftovers from my EPP medallion quilt. The main fabric is Woven Path from Maureen Cracknell's Wild and Free collection. I can't tell you enough how much I adore the way this fabric - cut up the bolt rather than WOF - looks in a log cabin type application!! 

I quilted this using my walking foot in a somewhat concentric rectangle-ish fashion, roughly following the piecing. Then at one point I changed directions and finished up with straight line quilting. The final touch is binding, hand stitched in place. Big or small, I just love stitching down binding at the end. 


This little guy is about 5" x 7", and after a wash it's nice and crinkly. My favourite part of this quilt, besides the ultra fast finish, is playing with the fabrics. I love the neutral look with just a touch of colour. And like I said, I'm crazy about that fabric! I'm dreaming of a full-size quilt in Courthouse Steps blocks and this fabric combo!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, and TGIFF with Anja of Anja Quilts.
Happy Friday!
--Liz

7 comments:

  1. Oh love this little piece. It sort of goes with the improv piece I just finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute... great little project. I love the fabrics you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...great tiny improv piece. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! Good job!
    +Victoria+
    justicepirate.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just the coolest mini! I follow Maureen, but have never bought (or found) any of her fabric, maybe because I haven't really looked for it online... I've also only improv pieced once, like over 10 years ago, when I made a crazy-patchwork doll vest for a doll course I was taking (still have never put the hair on the damn doll, really should do that, as she's pretty cool.) If I could do an improv piece like yours, I'd be pretty tickled! Love the way you stage your photos too. :-)

    ReplyDelete