Wednesday, 6 May 2015

WIP | EPP Medalion

I've realized that although I've been sharing progress shots of this project on Instagram (@lizzyclips) I haven't really mentioned much about it in this space. Well, that's about to change!

After completing "Hexie and I Know It" I found myself anxious to do some more hand-stitching. So, I decided to cut up some of my hexie templates into kites and rhombuses (rhombi?) in order to create a Rose Star, which I'd seen popping up all over Pinterest.  My original plan was to stop here, and make a toss cushion.


Of course, I couldn't stop just stop there.  So the Rose Star grew.  



And it grew some more.







































Up until recently, I haven't been a huge fan of fussy cutting, but I've embraced it on this project.  I'm really enjoying the effects that can be created by playing with the fabric placement.  




I'm making this up as I go, which is a lot of fun and a little bit scary. Right now it's about 30" in diameter and I have no plans to stop yet.  Next up: pink ponies!


Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.  Come on over and see what everyone's up to!

Happy Wednesday!
--Liz

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is great! I love your fussy cutting. I'm loving all the La Pas quilts that are in progress over on IG and really fancy giving it a shot. But I'm not really a follower of patterns. I think I might follow your lead and do a 'Make it up as you go along' pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The fussy cutting is really paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh such stunning work with your hexes and rhombi…i like your make it up as you go…pretty much how i work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colours are beautifully striking and I love your fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful! Lovely fussy cutting and matching colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a project like this, fussy cutting is ideal! Well, if you're on a roll, no need to stop now - love the pink ponies!

    Greetings from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome! I love seeing this grow bigger and bigger. I've never really done fussy cutting either, but the effect on this project is great!

    ReplyDelete