Sunday, 7 June 2015

Sunday Stash | 001

Brace yourselves, people...this is my very first EVER Sunday Stash post!

This weeks stashing comes courtesy of a visit to my local quilt shop for a quick browse and to pick up some interfacing so I can finally get started on the Trail Tote that's been on my radar for a while.  

While at the check-out, my eye spotted something intriguing amidst the piles of yuck in the bargain bin.



These half yard cuts of black, white and cyan awning striped fabric were an absolute steal - just $2 each or 6 for $10.  So I bought them all!  I mean, really, when you can get 5 yards of fabric for under twenty bucks, that's basically free, right?!

According to the selvage, this is a 2012 print by Ellen Medlock - 909 Gallery Stripe. Each stripe is about 1" wide and the fabric has a really nice hand.

I have a plan for this stack that is somewhat experiment-y so it's a good thing I've got lots of fabric for trial and error-ing.


In other fabric news, I've decided to participate in the Midnight Mystery Quilt-Along hosted by Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs.  I pulled together my fabric selections today.  



From right to left:
(A) Robert Kaufman, Essex Linen in Flax
(B) Kona Berry, plus some other stash fabrics of a similar hue.
(C) An assortment of low-volume prints/solids, including Parchment Paris Map by 3 Sisters for Moda which was another acquisition from my trip to the LQS this week.
(D) Kona Coal

The great news is that this is all from my existing stash!  I might end up adding more berry-esque prints, and surely some other goodies will make their way into my basket at that time, so stay tuned for more stashing!

Linking up with the effervescent Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash!  

Happy Sunday!
--Liz

8 comments:

  1. What a bargain for that stripe stash acquisition! Love those wide stripes and the colours! I am intrigued as to what your plans are.... Have fun with the Mystery quilt along. Those are some nice picks for that plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a great deal on the striped fabric! And hooray that you are joining in on the Midnight Mystery quilt. Cheryl did an amazing job last year, and I am really excited and looking forward to this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your colour selections for Cheryl's mystery. That Paris fabric--!! Send me the deets(?) details! I adore it and must have some. I am still trying to decide if I should allow myself to buy the bundle from Pile O Fabric...rather tempting and I do have some birthday dough I did not spend... WHAT a deal on that striped fabric!!! Love those colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Liz! I love your fabric selections for the mystery quilt :) And that awning stripe would be so cool all spun around to make some graphic designs. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with it!! XX! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz. Oh I love your mystery midnight quilt choices! Those Kona colours are so rich (and very "midnight"!), and you have two of my favourite patterns there with the botanicals and Paris map. The Paris map is quite a find as it is getting quite hard to obtain. I will watch with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Liz, Your Sunday stash looks very intriguing - I'm looking forward to seeing your projects underway. I've enjoyed looking through your gallery - the colours, piecing and quilting choices make for really striking, fresh looking quilts.
    From Allison, a fellow 'Hive' member!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I'm one of your fellow quantum quilters . It would have been rude not to buy the fabric at that price ! I have also signed on for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt along with meadow mist . Ordered some fabric on offer and see how I go from there . Nice to meet you Liz

      Delete