Wednesday, 8 July 2015

2015 Finish Along - Q3 Goals

Before I jump into my goals for quarter 3, lets get real for a second.  Quarter 2 was kind of a flop.  I managed to finish only one project on my list, and that's sad because when Q2 began all that needed to be done on that project was stitch down the binding.  

So here's hoping for a much more productive few months!

In fairness to me, I still sewed a whole bunch.  I just focused on some slower, longer term projects.  But still, it feels so good to cross things off a list, doesn't it?!

Quarter 3 Goals

1.  Pantone Challenge Quilt: I made lots of progress on this one - it went from being a stack of fabric and a sketch, to a finished flimsy.  (below, upper left)  

2.  EPP Medallion Quilt: I'm still working away at this one - the larger it gets the slower it feels (below, upper right)



3.  Stripey Quilt:  Experimenting with stripes is fun!  I picked up this fabric from the bargain bin at my LQS and have been playing around with cutting and placement.  This is improv, but structured which suites my control freak self quite nicely! (above, lower left)

4.  Trail Tote: I still have really good intentions to make this bag, and have purchased all the fabric and notions, just need to get moving on it. (above, lower right)

5.  Talisman Cushion: I plan to make a toss cushion out of the leftover tester block from my Talisman quilt. (below, upper left)

6.  EPP Molecule Placemat: I initially planned to make a cushion for my nephew out of these random hexie/molecule shapes, but now I'm thinking he'll get more use out of a fun placemat.  It might also encourage him to sit still at dinner (well, maybe not). (below, upper right)



7.  Midnight Mystery Quilt:  This quilt along isn't set to wrap up until 2016, so no hopes of finishing this quarter, but it's a WIP nonetheless.  My fabrics are selected and cut. (above, lower left)  

8.  Postage Stamp Quilt: I made some progress on this over the past few months, but there's still a long way to go. (above, lower right)

I should probably get to work, here's hoping for more finishes in Quarter 3.  
I'm off to link up with Adrianne at On the Windy Side and to check out what everyone else is working on this quarter.

Happy Wednesday!
--Liz

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you have lots of great things to work on and look forward to this quarter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the stripes. And you are further on than me in the midnight mystery quilt - fabric bought but not cut

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the variety in the projects you have on the go. Hope you do achieve the finishes you are aiming for this quarter ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck Liz! I'm in on the mystery quilt too. Fun to see all the variety in projects, as well as what the stripes fabric is growing up into!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some lovely quilt ideas in there. I am excited to see how the striped and Pantone ones go especially.

    I too had a poor show in Q2 and now have high hopes for Q3. I seem to get distracted by other things mid quarter, so my productivity is high, just not on the things I set out to make at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete