Sunday, 9 August 2015

Sunday Stash | 002

It's Sunday, friends!  I hope you're enjoying a restful day with lots of sewing and maybe some lemonade.

I had been doing so well at not fabric shopping for the past few weeks, and then this happened...



From left to right we have:
  • Woven Path - from Maureen Cracknell's Wild and Free collection 
  • Haystack Bouquet in Sunny & Going Up in Citron, both from Anna Maria Horner's True Colours
  • Aloe Vera in Butterscotch and Banner Days in Tomato From AMH's Pretty Potent line
  • Lightning in Blue from Doe, by  Carolyn Freidlander
I've got some exciting plans for these pretties.  I was totally smitten with how Woven Path worked up in my tiny improv log cabin quilt and I can't wait to recreate the effect in a full size quilt.  The AMH fabrics are destined for a feather quilt (I've been in love with her Feather pattern forever and I'm finally going to make one, using Anna Maria's fabrics of course, so I've got some collecting to do).  Finally, the Lightning fabric will be the backing for the Stripes Quilt I'm working on.  I struggled for weeks with selecting the backing, and waffled between several of the great new Cotton + Steel prints that have recently hit stores.  But when I came across this fabric I knew it was "the one".

All of these beauties were ordered from Mad About Patchwork - a lovely Canadian vendor with a beautiful selection and wonderful customer service.

I'm linking up with Sunday Stash, hosted by Molli Sparkles.

Happy Sunday!
--Liz

2 comments:

  1. That is a great bundle of fabrics to use together, even though you have plans for them separately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "have some collecting to do" Isn't that just the best feeling? I have loved that Lightning one since it first came out, I have no idea why as it's not my usual preference, and Woven Path is awesome! I've never seen it.

    ReplyDelete