Sunday, 27 September 2015

Sunday Stash | 003


I've been doing some stashing lately.  And no, it's not very cohesive stashing.  Actually, that seems to be how I roll - purchasing whatever speaks to me in a given moment, without necessarily having a project in mind, or more likely, several very different projects in mind.  The retailers I shop from must think I'm nuts.  Maybe one day I'll order a nicely coordinated bunch of fabrics...maybe.

Last week-end my sister and I attended Quilt X, which is a brand new quilt show co-created by the owners of a couple local-ish quilt shops.  There was a nice variety of vendors with a little something for everyone, a small quilt show that featured different interpretations of the same pattern, a series of workshops, and a guest lecturer. 



Fabric Spark had a booth at the show, which was quite exciting for me as it's one of my go-to online shops.  It was great meeting Daryl and chatting fabric with her.  I picked up a few more Anna Maria Horner FQs for that Feather Quilt that I plan to make one day, and a yard of Rashida Coleman-Hale's Tangrams in Indigo.  I have no immediate plans for the tangram fabric, but it was too awesome to pass up.  



In addition to these fabric purchases, I also picked up bottle of Flatter spray in the most yummy Fig scent (I'm a sucker for anything Fig related - I love those things!), and a copy of Carolyn Friedlander's Tangelo Quilt pattern.  

I also managed to stumble across some gems at Len's Mill Store.  Yes, that's Melody Millers's Black + White Typewriters, and an FQ bundle of Anna Maria Horner's True Colours in reds/pinks/oranges.  For those of you in Southwestern Ontario, you'll understand what a score it was to find these beauties at Len's Mills!  



I don't have a plan for those typewriters yet either; fabric that good creates a lot of pressure to use it well, don't you think?

I'm linking up with Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash.

Happy Sunday!
--Liz

  




3 comments:

  1. I buy the same way, and sometimes it is a good thing, because I can go to my stash and find just what I need. Other times it is hard, because I don't want to cut into those special fabrics because they are so special. I think you got some great ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like to buy for specific projects, but sometimes just buying what speaks to me the most is way more fun. I really like the typewriters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, I am just as much into non-cohesive stashing. The fabric pile is ever growing. =)
    My problem is, how to go about de-stashing what I do no longer want, which is way harder.

    ReplyDelete