Sunday, 11 October 2015

2015 Finish Along - Q4 Goals

Can you believe it's already the fourth quarter of 2015? Where did this year go?  Many thanks to Adrienne at On The Windy Side for running the show this year!

Up until now, I've taken the approach of listing every single one of my WIPS - even the long term projects that I have no hope of finishing.  With only one finish in each of the last two quarters, I'm thinking there might be a flaw in that approach.  Perhaps a little more focus is in order.  Plus, with vacation and birthdays and Christmas and so on, it's not likely that this will be a terribly productive three months anyways.

So, here's my new, improved and shorter list of WIPs for the final few months of 2015...

1.  Pantone Challenge Quilt:  Yes, I'm aware that the Pantone colour of the year challenge wrapped up back in April.  I decided to hand-quilt this one, which has been so very enjoyable, but has slowed things down a touch.  I'm hoping to be finished with this quilt before Pantone announces the 2016 colour of the year!


2.  Vintage HST Quilt: This quilt is in the fairly early stages, but it's been coming together quickly.
  

3.  EPP Medallion: With the return of colder weather, I'm ready to get back into this project.  This is my long-shot WIP of the quarter...It's unlikely that I'll finish this one, but you never know.


There you have it, a manageable list for Q4.  
I'm off to link up my list, and scope out what everyone else is working on!

Happy Quarter 4!
--Liz
  


3 comments:

  1. I have to do my list. I was thinking of a rather short list too, like two for sure and one long shot. How I love that Pantone challenge of yours and the handquilting is just all kinds of scrumptious Liz! Your EPP one is breathtaking, puts me in mind of Jinny Beyer's exquisite work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list. I prefer short lists as they are more attainable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking I need a shorter list this quarter, too -- love the EPP medallion!!

    ReplyDelete