Wednesday, 14 October 2015

WIP | Midnight Mystery Quilt

Since we're at the halfway point in Meadow Mist Design's Midnight Mystery Quilt Along, I thought it would be a good time to share an update on my progress so far.

The concept of a mystery quilt is both liberating and terrifying for me.  As a bit of a control freak, not knowing how this will turn out is a touch unsettling.  But, I'm actually enjoying seeing this quilt slowly come together and am so intrigued to see how it will turn out.


June and July were all about fabric selection and cutting.  In keeping with the midnight theme, I chose a twilight-ish palette, with Essex Linen in Flax, Kona Berry along with an assortment of similarly hued prints, some low volume fabrics with a splash of metalllic, and Kona Coal.  


In August, we created Flying Geese units...


In September, we created Square-in-a-Square blocks...


And this month, the instructions called for some jumbo Courthouse Steps blocks.  

Pretty fun, eh?  

If you're interested in joining in with the quilt along, it's not too late to catch up.  You can find all the instructions, and sign up for the monthly updates right here.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday!
--Liz

7 comments:

  1. The pops of berry and dark Kona Coal with the linen and LVs is a fantastic color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My current quilt project includes Berry and Charcoal as well! I'm so smitten with the combo right now. Your quilt will undoubtedly be gorgeous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing this QAL as well. After a small 'slow down' in production(!) I have just about caught up with each months sewing tasks (although yet to blog about them!). Your fabric choices are lovely, it will be great to see these blocks all sewn together. :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing this too although I'm a bit behind. I love your colour choices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina ! You couldn't be as behind as me !

      Delete
  5. Jus loving this palette! I think I'd feel similar as you do about a mystery quilt. I usually plan it all out ahead of time, but there is a lot of fun in the discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing well , I'm falling terribly behind

    ReplyDelete